Front Line Advisory Group (FLAG) is a Program Management Consulting firm transforming client expectations for municipal and school infrastructure bond programs in Central Texas.
FLAG provides program management consulting services in Central Texas for municipal and school infrastructure bonds. FLAG is revolutionizing the construction industry and transforming client expectations by obsessing over the basics of budget oversight, schedule enforcement, compliance, vendor management, and stakeholder communication.
This position is primarily remote; however, applicants must reside in Travis County or the surrounding area.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our team needs a cross-functional person, who can see the big picture as well as mind the details. We are looking for someone who communicates effectively in writing and in person, works well with a team, and completes projects on time with minimal supervision.
What you will do
- Capital assets accounting
- Monthly and annual reconciliations and close processes
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Researching and analyzing applicable laws, contracts, and entity specific policies
- Researching and analyzing accounting/auditing principles and practices
- Presenting annual training
What you will bring
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter and strong time management skills
- Strong team player and the ability to work with various departments
- Ability to plan/coordinate multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS)
What you will need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from a 4-year accredited university OR Licensed Certified Public Accountant with degree in related field
- 3 yrs. relevant work experience
- SAP experience a plus
What we bring
- Ability to telework; this is primarily a remote position though you will need to attend occasional mandatory on-site meetings
- A strong, established team with a defined career path for advancement
- A stable work environment with paid holidays, sick/vacation leave, a flexible workday, an excellent team environment, and a small team with a tremendous ability to quickly grow into a leadership role.
A criminal, education, and employment background check are required. Note that you must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.; no visa sponsorships offered.
MILITARY VETERAN CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid military leave
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Local Government: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Austin, TX 78701