Qualifying military veterans are highly preferred.
Front Line Advisory Group (FLAG) is a Program Management Consulting firm in Dripping Springs helping local governments in Central Texas to optimize existing software tools to focus their team’s efforts, create and decipher data into actionable information, and understand and improve their processes.
FLAG is transforming our client’s performance by obsessing over the basics. If traditional is what you are looking for, FLAG is not for you. We are looking for highly skilled, entrepreneurial minded, learners that thrive in a team. The caliber and quality of our team members and their work set our firm apart, so each applicant will be subject to a strict and unique vetting process.
Do you love the startup grind? Are you excited to build products and solutions? Do you have extreme ownership and pride in your work? Do you get giddy when someone sends you a ton of dirty raw data? Do you think about business and systems when you are walking the dog? Do you think about how to improve daily parking revenues when you park on the street or in a garage? If so, you might fit in at FLAG. We know there is a place for the traditional 9 to 5, but that is not here. We are a team that is hungry, prioritize learning, have a passion for serving our community, love data and processes, and have a drive to improve broken systems.
We are seeking a Business Data Analyst in Dripping Springs, Texas, with experience in software development, has an eye for details and deciphering data, and is a problem solver, not finder. This is a highly dynamic role that requires the ability to implement a wide variety of projects. For example, in a single week we have:
- Supported the program management of the capital infrastructure program
- Served as a Product Owner for updating existing software or introducing new software
- Written content for a new website
- Led efforts to analyze pricing strategies
- Overseen and supported our client’s subcontractors
- Mapped processes with subject matter experts
As a small team our responsibilities may change from day to day depending on the demands of the business or clients. Common responsibilities include:
- Pull reports and convey meaningful information from unorganized data
- Write content for memos, websites, and more
- Prepare meeting agendas
- Create process maps and task matrices
- Build products and tools to improve processes and communication
- Serve as a system administrator for permit software, such as MyGovernmentOnline
- Strong problem detection & problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills, particularly related to interpreting and conveying information from unorganized data
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases and programming
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Ability to work well independently, self-starter who owns deliverables end-to-end
- Effective communication skills
- Courage to ask for help
- Software development is a plus.
- Prefer a background in Excel, SQL, programming/software development, and data science.
Front Line Advisory Group is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and this military background is key to our culture and approach. Qualifying military veterans are highly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- 5 years
- Hybrid work
- Do you want to work in a small team startup environment?
- Software development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Google Suite: 3 years (Preferred)
- Data Analysis: 5 years (Required)
Ability to Commute:
- Dripping Springs, TX 78620 (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Dripping Springs, TX 78620